Dogs are usually man’s best friend, but on the rare occasion that a dog turns and attacks, victims need options for retrieving compensation. After all, most people do not realize how much a dog attack can cost – from the lost wages to medical costs to the pain and suffering. Some dog attack victims are left permanently disfigured, while others suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
For those who require medical attention for their dog attacks, there are attorneys out there that can help them receive compensation – so that they do not have to shoulder the financial burden of their vicious attack.
5 Reasons to Hire a Dog Bite Attorney
Most people avoid hiring an attorney because of the cost. However, in these types of injury claims, attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. That means that the victim does not pay the attorney unless he or she succeeds with the claim and receives compensation for their client.
In addition to no upfront costs, there are other benefits that come with hiring a dog attack attorney, including:
- You get a skilled negotiator on your side. The insurance company might offer you a settlement, but that does not mean they are offering you the amount you deserve. In most cases, they are offering much less than you deserve – but hoping that you have not yet consulted an attorney to find out your case’s worth. With an attorney, you have someone who knows how to negotiate with insurance companies and has experience handling these types of cases.
- An attorney knows your state’s dog bite laws. Every state is different with their dog bite laws. Some states automatically assign negligence to an owner, while others require evidence the dog has a violent past. You are recovering from a dog attack, and you do not have time to research these laws. An attorney has experience with not only injury claims, but dog attack cases. They know dog bite statutes and are up-to-date on any legislation that affects them.
- Access to a team of investigators. If your case is difficult to prove, your attorney has a team of investigators that can help collect evidence.
- Access to answers. Being in the middle of a dog bite claim is not something you have done before, so naturally, you will have plenty of questions. When you hire a dog attack attorney, you have someone there to answer those questions and put your concerns to rest.
- Your personal advocate. You need someone to fight for your right to compensation, but also ensure that the same dog that attacked you does not harm someone else. An attorney is your personal advocate. They will not rest until you receive your compensation and the owner takes proper actions with their dog to protect the public.
Need a Dog Bite Attorney? Contact an Attorney
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a vicious dog attack, you have the right to seek compensation. To get started, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an attorney like Jeffrey H. Penneys, Esq.
He has years of experience helping clients just like you seek compensation from owners and insurance companies.
Contact him today for your free case evaluation by calling his cell phone at 215-771-0430, toll-free at 800-465-8795, or at the office direct at 215-987-3550. You can also request an appointment or more information online by filling out the online contact form.